Attention! The administration of the project does not approve or encourage you to use anabolic steroids. The use of anabolic steroids can cause irreparable harm to your health. This article is for informational purposes only.
Anabolic steroids are modified male sex hormones. They were synthesized after World War II, although the initial experiments were carried out earlier. Scientists took a molecule of the male sex hormone and modified it. The change affected anabolic and androgenic characteristics. The anabolic characteristics (what leads to the growth of muscles) have been slightly corrected and increased. And the androgenic characteristics (what leads to the development of secondary sexual characteristics, with which side effects from steroids are often associated) have been reduced. Any steroid has both anabolic and androgenic features. For some of them, the anabolic effect is higher than the androgenic effect, for some it is the opposite.
The positive effects of anabolic steroids
There are a lot of positive effects of anabolic steroids, that is why they are so common in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Namely:
1) Increase in lean body mass.
2) Increase in strength indicators.
3) Increase of stamina.
4) Greater supply of oxygen to the cells of the body.
5) Increase of vascularity.
6) Increase of fat burning effect.
7) Increase of appetite.
8) Increase of sex drive.
9) Increase of self-esteem.
In fact, anabolic steroids are common in almost all sports, especially Olympic sports. Any professional athlete of the Olympic level uses anabolic steroids, although he says everywhere that he does not. He makes money from sports. And if an athlete says that he cheats and trains on steroids, he is simply disqualified. A certain sport uses certain categories of steroids that provide more benefits in that particular sport. For example, short distance runners use Winstrol in various forms. This steroid significantly increases speed-strength performance, with the least effect on overall body weight.
Harm of anabolic steroids
As you know, 4 million people die from smoking in the world every year. There are no statistics on deaths from anabolic steroids. There is no direct dependence of death from the use of steroids. But anabolic steroids are far from harmless, they have a lot of side effects. During the cycle, it can be: acne, decreased libido, high blood pressure, mood swings, fluid retention, gynecomastia, masculinization (for women), hair loss, liver damage, irritability, increased cholesterol levels. After the cycle, it can be: testicular atrophy, decreased libido, impotence, decreased sperm production, infertility, depression.
The main reason for the occurrence of side effects during and after the cycle is thoughtless and incorrect use. This can be: the use of very large dosages, use for a very long time, absence of post cycle therapy, improper preparation of the cycle, improper control of hormones. With sufficient information on the use of anabolic steroids, all of their side effects can be minimized, if not zero.
Is it worth using steroids
This question is very difficult to answer, because they are used for various purposes. For example, professional athletes use them to make money. And if you have exactly these goals, then the answer is yes. But most likely you are an ordinary amateur who goes to the gym 3 times a week. You just want to improve your reflection in the mirror, gain muscles, or lose weight. This can be achieved without the use of anabolic steroids. It is unlikely that you will ever compete in bodybuilding competitions. And even if you compete, you will certainly not earn a lot of money in such competitions. So for such people, the answer is no.
Of course, exercising naturally, you will always lose in appearance to a person who uses steroids. And if you still want to try, then you should do it wisely.
Basic rules for the use of anabolic steroids
1) You must be at least 21 years old, and preferably 25 years old. Until the age of 21 (and in some people, up to 25 years), the body goes through puberty. And any hormonal interference in this process can lead to irreparable consequences.
2) You must have sufficient funds to conduct anabolic steroid cycles. Firstly, steroids are not cheap. And if you are a schoolboy who asks for money from your parents for snickers, and he puts it aside for a package of methane, you definitely cannot use it. Secondly, before the cycle, during, and after the cycle, you need to take blood tests to monitor hormones (minimum: LH, FSH, testosterone, estradiol, prolactin). These tests are also not cheap. Thirdly, during the cycle or after it, you may urgently need any pharmacy drug to eliminate side effects. And these drugs also cost a lot of money. Fourth, you need to eat well on the cycle. The synthesis of muscle protein is significantly increased in comparison with the natural training. Accordingly, you will need more food than when exercising naturally.
3) If you are planning to have a child, it is definitely not worth having a cycle during this period. Anabolic steroids decrease the number of active sperm.
4) You must have a sufficient information base. Understand what a particular steroid gives, what its half-life is, how to properly conduct post-cycle therapy, how to correctly recognize blood tests and use drugs to eliminate side effects.
5) If you decide to use steroids, you must have experience in the gym and work out for at least a year. Moreover, you must achieve at least some results during this year.
6) If you decide to take a steroid cycle, you do not need to use large dosages, a large number of steroids and do long cycles. Also, do not use nandrolones (deca). With these steroids, you can catch such side effects, after which you will have to go to doctors for a long time and be treated. Once again, 95% of gym goers are hobbyists. You will not compete and make money on this. Why should your health put at such a risk?